What is the RCIA?
It is the Right of Catholic Initiation of Adults -- a process through which
adults complete their initiation in the Catholic Church.
Is the RCIA for me? It is for you:
- if you are a person who has never been Baptized, Confirmed, or received
- if you are a person who was Baptized, but not Confirmed and/or did not
receive First Eucharist
- if you have been a member of another faith community and now wish to
discern your involvement with a new community
- if you wish to come back to the Church after being away
- if you are searching for a faith community in which to belong and deepen
your commitment to being a disciple of Jesus Christ
- if you wish to grow in finding life's meaning and connecting the beliefs
and practices of a faith tradition with real life
What happens in the RCIA process?
During this process, individuals who come gather with members of the faith
community to reflect upon the Sunday Scripture readings, grow in understanding
Catholic beliefs and practices, share and listen to faith-stories and discern
the call to a faith community. You are free to leave the group at any
time. Along the journey, the faith community celebrates special liturgical
and ritual moments with you. The faith community promises to support you,
pray for you and encourage you.
For more information
If you are interested in joining the Catholic Church and/or participating in
the RCIA process at The Church of Saint William, contact RCIA Director
Jennifer Hovland at email
email@example.com or call Jennifer at 763-350-3910.